Western Visayas: The 5-Day Itinerary

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

map of Negros Occidental, courtesy of www.islandsweb.net (thank you!)

Having lived in Iloilo most of my life, I have schoolmates and friends who came from the nearby Negros Occidental. Because of its proximity to my province, I did not pay much interest in visiting the Negros, except for three occasions in the past. 

However, when a friend from Manila texted me, wanting to have a slice of Western Visayas for five days, I immediately made an itinerary covering not just my province, Iloilo, but Negros Occidental and Guimaras as well. Because of the bad weather, we failed to be faithful to the plan, but here is the summary of what we have done:

July 24:  Bacolod City - Negros Museum, Old Pala-Pala
               Silay City - San Diego Pro-Cathedral, Balay Negrense,
                                 ancestral houses
               Talisay City - The Ruins
July 25: Bacolod City - Capitol ParkLagoon
              Murcia - Mambukal Mountain Resort (Seven Falls)
July 26: Murcia - Mambukal Mountain Resort (Hot Spring, Kayak, Zipline)
July 27:  Guimaras - Guisi Lighthouse, Trappist Monastery
July 28:  Iloilo City

 
Iskong Gala: © 2012 | Designed by Bubble Shooter, in collaboration with Reseller Hosting , Forum Jual Beli and Business Solutions